Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas 2013

We had a great time celebrating Christmas this year.  We had a lot of fun picking out our tree and decorating it too. And Vince did a nice job with the Christmas lights outside the house. Christmas Eve after I got off work, we put Sam in his pjs and we drove around the neighborhoods looking at lights. It was really fun, especially when we could see lots of cars outside homes and family all gathered around the table together and having a nice dinner. That's what the holidays are all about! Christmas morning I once again attempted a new breakfast recipe (I should learn one of these days!) of a French toast bake that just did not turn out.  Previous year it was homemade cinnamon rolls that were hard as hockey pucks.  Being the supportive husband that he is (and because he probably saw I was on the verge of tears), Vince made sure to eat a large helping and tell me how delicious the Christmas breakfast was.  I will try again next year!  Christmas day we spent over at the Kube's in Watertown. We enjoyed a big delicious meal and also lots of Julie's Christmas sugar cookies.  Sam was the center of attention, no surprise there.  We also had a later Minnesota Fox Christmas over at my sister Kelli's house the 1st weekend in January. Her house was so beautifully decorated in Christmas cheer, it was stunning!  We had lots of yummy food and had fun playing with Ben and Alex.  Megan Tucker was successful in learning how to finger knit an infinity scarf (I failed miserably) from my mom. Ben was very excited because he got to partake in the evening activity with the adults of going to the MN Timberwolves basketball game while the other 2 boys stayed home with a sitter.  This was to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday a few weeks prior.  We had a great trip to Minnesota and can't wait for the cousins to reunite again!













No comments:

Post a Comment